Uso de la cámara hiperbárica mejora Fibromialgia- estudio

Responder
elipoarch
Administrador del Sitio

Uso de la cámara hiperbárica mejora Fibromialgia- estudio

Mensaje por elipoarch »

[t]La terapia de oxígeno hiperbárico puede mejorar la Fibromialgia[/t]
Este estudio es de mayo de 2015, pero parece que nadie se había hecho eco hasta ahora... por lo menos, creo que yo no lo había visto... si está "repe" que alguien me lo diga, por favor.

[t]Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Diminish Fibromyalgia Syndrome – Prospective Clinical Trial[/t]

Shai Efrati , Haim Golan, Yair Bechor, Yifat Faran, Shir Daphna-Tekoah, Gal Sekler, Gregori Fishlev, Jacob N. Ablin, Jacob Bergan, Olga Volkov, Mony Friedman, Eshel Ben-Jacob, Dan Buskila

PLOS Published: May 26, 2015 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0127012

enlace: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0127012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abstract
Background

Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) is a persistent and debilitating disorder estimated to impair the quality of life of 2–4% of the population, with 9:1 female-to-male incidence ratio. FMS is an important representative example of central nervous system sensitization and is associated with abnormal brain activity. Key symptoms include chronic widespread pain, allodynia and diffuse tenderness, along with fatigue and sleep disturbance. The syndrome is still elusive and refractory. The goal of this study was to evaluate the effect of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) on symptoms and brain activity in FMS.

Methods and Findings

A prospective, active control, crossover clinical trial. Patients were randomly assigned to treated and crossover groups: The treated group patients were evaluated at baseline and after HBOT. Patients in the crossover-control group were evaluated three times: baseline, after a control period of no treatment, and after HBOT. Evaluations consisted of physical examination, including tender point count and pain threshold, extensive evaluation of quality of life, and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) imaging for evaluation of brain activity. The HBOT protocol comprised 40 sessions, 5 days/week, 90 minutes, 100% oxygen at 2ATA. Sixty female patients were included, aged 21–67 years and diagnosed with FMS at least 2 years earlier. HBOT in both groups led to significant amelioration of all FMS symptoms, with significant improvement in life quality. Analysis of SPECT imaging revealed rectification of the abnormal brain activity: decrease of the hyperactivity mainly in the posterior region and elevation of the reduced activity mainly in frontal areas. No improvement in any of the parameters was observed following the control period.

Conclusions

The study provides evidence that HBOT can improve the symptoms and life quality of FMS patients. Moreover, it shows that HBOT can induce neuroplasticity and significantly rectify abnormal brain activity in pain related areas of FMS patients.
VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT (Vence quien se vence a sí mismo)
EX NOTITIA VICTORIA (En el conocimiento reside el triunfo) 12
(tomado prestado de un amiguete... gràcies, Fran)

Re: Uso de la cámara hiperbárica mejora Fibromialgia- estudi

Mensaje por elipoarch »

Por cierto, he encontrado otro estudio de 2013 sobre el uso de la cámara hiperbárica para SFC

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23682549" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a chronic disease with social components that ensue secondary to the incapacity of the person to fulfill work, social and family responsibilities. Currently, there is no consensus regarding its treatment. The aim of this study was to determine the efficacy of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO2) therapy in CFS.
DESIGN:

Sixteen patients included in the study were diagnosed with CFS according to the Fukuda criteria. Patients received 15 treatment sessions of HBO2 therapy over a period of three consecutive weeks (five days per week). The outcome measures (visual analog fatigue scale (VAFS). Fatigue Severity Scale (FSS) and Fatigue Quality of Life Score (FQLS) were assessed before the treatment and after completion of the 15 sessions.

RESULTS:
HBO2 therapy was well tolerated, with no complications. After treatment, patients' scores were found to have improved with respect to VAFS, FSS and FQLS (all p<0.005).

CONCLUSIONS:
We ,may infer that HBO2 therapy decreases the severity of symptoms and increases the life quality of CFS patients. It may be a new treatment modality for the management of CFS. However, further studies with larger sample sizes and control groups are definitely awaited.
VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT (Vence quien se vence a sí mismo)
EX NOTITIA VICTORIA (En el conocimiento reside el triunfo) 12
(tomado prestado de un amiguete... gràcies, Fran)

Mensaje por Hanna »

Como no tengo nivel de inglés para leerme el estudio no lo voy a criticar por lo que dicen; voy a contar mi propia experiencia.

En el mes de junio de 2012 y a guiada por la sensación de falta de oxígeno constante hago una búsqueda en internet, y voilá aparece la cámara hiperbárica, después de buscar centros en mi cuidad localizo uno donde realizarme las sesiones, me hacen un "reconocimiento médico" para darme el apto para realizarme la terapia hiperbárica, yo deseaba pagar las sesiones una a una por si la cosa no iba bien y tenía que abandonarla, me dicen que no que hay que pagar 10 sesiones mínimo, aboné 1400 euros, todo desde la desesperación y buscando una mejoría aunque fuera pequeña.

Ya en la primera sesión me dí cuenta de que eso no era lo indicado pero como lo había pagado me dí hasta tres sesiones más; de todas las terapias engañabobos o sacacuartos a las que me he sometido buscando una mejoría o la curación esta ha sido de lejos la más cruel, podría dar más detalles pero para qué;
Puedo añadir que antes de la cámara hipebárica intenté la oxigenoterapia que no se parece en nada a la cámara hiperbárica y que me fué realizada en un centro en donde según el asistente que me atendió no sabía de donde salía el oxigeno???????, como no me estaban suministrando oxigeno no hubo mejoría sólo engaño económico psicológico y mucho sufrimiento físico por la gran cantidad de desplazamientos que tuve que realizar.

Cuando en 2014 y motivado por operaciones de pulmón me suministraron oxígeno en hospital entendí que de verdad el oxígeno me venía bien, pero administrado correctamente, cuando en 2009 me realizaron operación en cerebro también me administraron oxígeno y yo decía , " esto me mejora " ; cuanta razón tenía entonces.

Esto no quiere decir que la solución sea el oxígeno, porque hacerlo sin control también puede tener consecuencias negativas, hiperoxia se llama.

Sólo quiero dar un testimonio de primera mano para que nadie tire el dinero como lo hize yo.

Si alguien está dispuesto a probarlo pargar sesión a sesión.

Saludos
Hana

Mensaje por Hana »

Gracias por tu testimonio Hanna, precisamente estaba buscando personas que la hayan probado y me digan si ayuda en algo, pues tengo una amiga con fibromialgia además de sfc que está pasándolo bastante mal y me decia de intentarlo, pero queria ayudarla a buscar testimonios de si se nota mejoría o no.

Un saludo!!
#MeAction #MillionsMissing #MillonesAusentes
Responder